Monday, August 18, 2008

What is YOUR mission?



I was very hesitant in commenting on this year's marriage retreat. I was hoping that those that had attended would voice their opinions.
This year we went to Embassy Suites. I have a greater appreciation for this hotel, it was like a different world. It was absolutely Beautiful. I would like to take this moment to brag on the beds! I was thinking about the beds just today. I need to stop by Bed Bath and Beyond. The beds had those "thingy ma jigs" that make you feel like your sleeping on clouds. Not just soft fluffy clouds, but clouds that entice you to have a that good sleep that you've been missing.
Then, Brother man pulled out all the stops and just showed out!!!!! Those of us in attendance, were to come up with a list of values, and from these we were to write a family mission statement. A real mission for the why behind our family hood. For me I know it was a time of reflection, conviction, and enlightenment. The Wilson's are going on a much needed family vacation, we will share with the kids our family mission.
I was very impressed by my husband, and his seemingly unending talents. If you missed it, too bad. One of the things that we (the retreat couples) have committed to do is to have more interaction with each other as couples through out the year, so make sure you keep abreast of that.
I hope the other participants will "HOLLA" so I don't seem like I'm tooting my hubby's horn. (But really what's so wrong with that?)
Big shout out to my man!!! For 'doing his thing'!!! You the MAN!!!
Friendly reminder-send in your mission statements, for accountability

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis. Wilson, this is Nottoya from 11:30 services, see I kept my promise. As one of the members of the Kings CoC, I truly admire you as the First Lady of the Church, I think you have a warm spirit that radiates throughout the congregation and believe it or not that has alot to do with the growth of the church. A strong leader deserves (needs) a strong wife and I am thankful to be surrounded by families that still have some values. It really changes my outlook on marriage and family.
I love the way you interact with the members on not only on a 'hi, hello basis'. It makes a big difference knowing our minister has an assistance/partner like yourself. Keep up the good work, God bless you and I am praying for success in whatever you do. Ok, that's enough of me, you can go back to your studies now. lol.
Why not? It's great to give big shout outs to your husband, without your shouts other shouts wouldn't mean the same.

Cathi Wilson said...

ah, that was very nice of you Toya, you made me blush!:)

Anonymous said...

OK OK OK!!! I get it. I missed out. So when is the next one and where's it gonna be? Won't make that mistake again.

Blog Archive